Saturday 14 May 2011

T minus 5 days to ADD

Got up a little early today.  My 2 year old daughter decided to climb a shelving unit in her room at 6:30 and fell down and got scared.  Tammy had to change our daughters wet sheets and then she went back to bed.  I made Josina poached eggs for the first time this morning and she asked for seconds.  The children in the orphonages in Ethioipia I am sure don't get the chance to have seconds.  At least Josina appreciates her food.  I asked her what she thought of her poached eggs and she said "Delicious" and then went back to licking up the ketchup off of her plate.

 Today I have to finish building the girls their swing/slide set.  Then I have to decide if I am getting a travel phone through Roam Mobility.  No roaming charges and the per m inute rates are quite a bit lower than Bell or Rogers.  Not sure if it will be cheaper than buying a phone in Addis.  I am just trying to keep busy at home and prpearing logistically for the trip.  I am trying not to think of meeting our little girl or going to court, those are the things that sorta scare me and are making me nervous.  It's a little easier trying to plan what i am going to do on my layover at Heathrow and the like.

2 comments:

  1. Sid, I am so excited for you all! I'm so glad you've put a blog together, it will be great to read about your adventures.

    Kirstyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Sid, I am living vicariously and now feeling your nervousness...but FIVE days! That is amazing..Just one step at a time, I guess. I will have to check into roam mobility..are you hoping to call home that way or just use it in Ethiopia?
    How great for the girls to have a play structure to play on together,,Lord willing SOON! At least it sounds like Josina likes to climb, lol!

    ReplyDelete