Tuesday 17 May 2011

Mixed Emotions

Today Tammy found out a friend's child who was still in Ethiopia passed away.  My heart completely goes out to them, as Tammy said it is beyond devastating.  I can't put into words how I feel but I have shed a few tears.  I am actually more worried about our little girl, please pray for her and the other children waiting to come home.  Most of all please remember the families who have lost children overseas. 

Driving home from work I was listening to the first hand accounts of the horrible fire in Slave Lake.  So far it looks like no lives were lost but everything else was.  As you can see it really wasn't a good day.

But I also have good news. As you know we are raining donations for the orphanage in Addis Ababa.  People we barely know have been donating.  I want to continue to thank them and can't wait to share how there donations have helped.  We are at just about $1200 after less than a week of fundraising.  This will go so far there.  Tammy has also packed a big suitcase of clothes and shoes for the children.  Some of from our daughter Josina and much of it donated by people we know.  THANK YOU  ALL.

I think I am just about packed,  Tammy went to Wal-Mart and got me enough underwear to make it through the trip. Thanks honey.  Now I have to make through two more days at work while being just a little distracted.  No I am not a surgeon, thank god.   Start the malaria pills tomorrow.

Finished my wine so time for bed

No comments:

Post a Comment