Friday 20 May 2011

London baby!

My flight was very long but I had a great seat mate.  We took the same program at U of A together and know some people in common.  I actually even tried to headhunt her father 5/6 years ago. I probably only got   2 hours of sleep since 4:30 AM on Thursday.  So a lot of sights here but first found a hole in the wall pub for Bitter and Fish n' Chip.  I have been walking around London for 4 hours and am exhausted.  Saw the Palace, Westminster Cathedral, Parliament, Tower bridge, Piccadilly Circus, Hyde park to name a few.  Now am having a Guinness at Henry's bar just outside Green Park.  At least today I haven't been as worried and anxious, probably too tired and busy.  I better sleep tonight on the plane but that's probably when I will start worrying again.  Man are the street busy with people everywhere, this will prepare me for Addis.  I can't get over how all the men are wearing suits; not blazers and ties, not business casual but actual suits.  It looks really good.  Taking the train from Tower bridge to Oxford Circus I thought I was gonna die from the humidity. I am probably a little rank, maybe that's why no one is sitting next to me at the bar.  Weather toady low 20's and sunny most of the time but a couple of rain drops came down at around 3:00 PM.  I talked to Tammy earlier and hope that her drive went well.  I heard Josina in the background and I really miss them both!

I was walking down Regent Street and I swear that I so Colin Firth and Bridgette Jones. Actually most middle aged men in suits look like Colin Firth here.  To all you Royal watchers Lizzie wants to give a shout out to Canada!

One continent down and one to go.

Next post Africa!

Cool the barkeep won't let me pay!  Maybe I should have another.

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!!!! Praying (for peace, for rest, for smooth travel and safety to name a few) for sure...thanks for all the updates. You're so close to both our girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you were able to sleep on the plane for the last leg of your journey. You are due to land in 10 minutes according to the schedule on Ethipian Airlines and I'm so excited to know that you will be on the same soil and in the same city as our baby girl! Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great journey. Love your observations!
    Wishing you a safe and peaceful trip.
    Our girls are bedmates, hoping they are happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete