Thursday 19 May 2011

Journey has Begun

Well I am at the Calgary Airport now.  Parked and checked my bags all in less than 10 minutes.  Now I have some time I am sitting in Montana's having a glass of wine.  Went to work early today (6:00 AM) so I could get in a full day before leaving, not really sure if it was worth it as I was completely distracted.  People were thinking I was giving them dirty looks but in reality I was deep in thought going over my checklist again and again.  I must have checked my boarding pass, passport, cash and court documents about 20 times.  I am sure(?) that i haven't forgotten anything.  I am extremely excited but still nervous, I hope I will be able to sleep on the flight,; I have a big day in London, going to pubs for fish n'chips and ale!  It was really hard to say goodnight to Tammy and Josina last  night (No they are smart enough not to get up before 5:00AM).  I am going to miss them so much.

This is the most important trip of my life!

I sit here in Calgary and can see that we don't lack any necessities but am going some place where many are and I am trying to come to grips with that I will not be able to help them all.  I do know that we are going to make a difference in  one little girl's life (tear).  I also am so excited to be able to be the messenger of hope and caring from this part of the world.  I can't wait to be able to shop with someone form the orphanage and use your donations to get these children some of what they need.  As we have been receiving donations; cash, clothes and shoes, I have cried a little bit and I am sure that I will do some more when I am there.

Time to get going!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are at the airport and this part of our journey is here. Travel safe and give our baby a big hug and kiss from Mommy and big sister. I love you! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Safe travels, Sid!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Sid!--Hope you have a great journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our hearts are with you Sid and Tammy. I hope this is an expedited process and the baby comes home soon, safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete