Wednesday 25 May 2011

Announcing: Sophia Salem Dianne Vlieg

We have a daughter!  we passed court this morning.  While in a small waiting room with over 100 adoptive and biological families waiting to see the judge the enormity of this hit me.  I saw many parents walk out of court with big smiles and relief.  I also saw many biological families that were also very happy that their children have the opportunity for a good and privileged life, I was very sad for them and almost broke down a few times.  I also had a huge lump in my throat.  The emotions that I really went through are indescribable. The judge was a beautiful young woman who really appeared to want the best for the children and our families.  When see said that she is ours and it is irrevocable I broke down and could not stop until we were outside.  Prayers are answered!  I weep as I type this.  Afterwards Neil, Laura and myself went to the cafe next door.  They didn't have coffee, no coke, no Mirinda only water and Fanta; so we celebrated.  back to the hotel.to call Mommy about her daughter....best call ever!
I then went for a walk and met two men who worked at a near hotel.  They took me to a traditional cafe near Bole.  We had traditionally coffee that was roasted on the spot.  We were in a very small room sitting on very low stools and everyone was talking, Sudanese, Somali's and Ethiopians and me the white guy.  They had some fun teasing me.  Now I wait for Germacho to pick us up to go to the orphanage to "meet" our children.  There we will have a celebration as the staff there and children get the chance to say goodbye.  This will be very difficult, bitter sweet but good in the long run.

5 comments:

  1. Sid, Tammy, Josina, and Sophia,

    We are just SOOOOO VERY happy for you all. Congratulations on your beautiful family. You have two wonderful girls and we have so enjoyed following your blogs on your journeys to both of them. We hope someday we can meet in person and introduce Levi to Josina and Sophia.

    Best wishes! God is good!

    Alysia, Derrick, and Levi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news, Sid! Congrats to you both! I can't wait to see photos of you with your sweet daughter!!!!! Have an amazing day!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you guys. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commented a bunch of other placed but had to come here as well! So excited for you guys!!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Tammy and Sid! So happy for you! How long are you staying? We arrive on Saturday morning for our pick-up trip!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete