Friday 27 May 2011

On the way home

I will try to respond to the various comments on FB  and here when I get home, particularly to those parents whose children I met.  I also want to connect with people who will be traveling soon to brief you on the needs at Abanezer, there are many, lets work together for our current and impending children.  It was so strange that I had to leave "home" to go back home.  I truly feel that Ethiopia is my home as well as Canada.

Thank you to everyone for your support, prayers, financial assistance to us and the orphanage etc.  It meant so much to me to see that in less than 2 weeks this blog had over 2000 hits from Canada, US, Middle East, Africa, Germany, Honk Kong, even Australia.

Africa has many stories to tell and I hope to relay a few of them over the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I've just loved reading all your posts; it takes me right back to Ethiopia. Thanks for taking the time to put your impressions in writing, and may your visa wait be SHORT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures, Sophie is beautiful!
    It was sad to hear how low on supplies Abenezer was/is. It is comforting to know our little ones are loved and well taken care of. I hope you saw our little one, Yabsira, and she is happy and healthy.

    Wishing your Visa to come in quickly!

    Travel safely,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete