Friday 13 May 2011

First Time Blogging

The reason why I am blogging is to share and document my thoughts leading up to and going on my journey to Africa to meet our daughter for the first time.  For those of you who don't know my wife Tammy and I have been trying to adopt from Ethiopia for over three years with many speed bumps and obstacles along the way.  In six days (next Thursday May 19) I fly to Addis Ababa via London and arrive in  Ethiopia on Saturday May 21.  Next Tuesday May 24 I go before a judge to find out if he feels that we will be worthy parents.  We have had to do a lot of preparation for this trip; gather various documents, get them notarized, then find out the documents have been change so start again and get them notarized.; get my shots; take my pills etc.  This weekend I should get my packing done an d finish building the play structure for the kids. I hope that you will follow my blog over the next 2 weeks and keep us in your thoughts and prayer, particularly on Court day, Tuesday May 24.

SJV

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm the first to comment on blog. Give our little girl a billion hugs and kisses for me and tell her Mommy and big sister kove her sooo much.

    The play structure rocks and the girls are going to have so much fun on it.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sid! I'm Tammy's adoption buddy. I can't wait to follow along on your journey and will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts on court day. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I can't wait to follow you from YYC to ADD and back. Good luck with everything you are in my thoughts.
    Nat xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sid! We will be praying!! I follow in your footsteps for June 13 court! Darci

    ReplyDelete