Thursday 30 June 2011

First day back in ADD

After a long day and a half of travel, we arrived last night at the hotel Weygoss at 11:30.  It wasn't quite what we were expecting.  I am sure it is fine but the room was much smaller than advertised, had to pay for wireless and they sent a cab to pick us up from the airport and that cost a lot.  Afroland does pickup and drop off at no charge.  This morning at 7:00 AM we walked to Afroland and negotiated a room here.  It does feel like home. Smiles and hugs from many of the staff.  I even saw my driver and friend Marcos washing his car this morning.  Now I have to buy some airtime for my cell, and then go to the travel agent to buy tickets to Harar, Sophie's hometown, where we want to go to tomorrow. I also have to buy a jacket as I think I left mine on the plane when we got to Frankfurt yesterday.
I apologize to those friends that I should have called to tell that we were going to Addis but we simply did not have the time.  I will have a coffee ceremony with traditionally brewed Ethiopian coffee for you when we return.
This afternoon Tammy napped for about three hours and I went with Marcos to the shops at the stadium and got a replacement jacket.  Then we bought a baby bathtub for when Sophie comes to live with us at the hotel. I could sue a nap too but I want to sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment